Security concerns have put the status of India's tour to Pakistan next year in limbo but the foreign ministers of both countries have said they are hopeful the series goes ahead without further problems.
"It [the tour in January] should come through," Pakistan's foreign minister, Shah Mehmood Qureshi, told a joint press conference with India's external affairs minister Pranab Mukherjee in New Delhi. "We are aware of the concerns and we will try to address all of them."
"I hope the tour comes through and the people will enjoy it," Mukherjee said.
Against the backdrop of uncertainty surrounding the tour, Qureshi sought to reassure India by giving the example of the tennis and shooting teams that are "enjoying their stay" in Pakistan.
India's tour, from January 4 to February 19, includes three Tests, five ODIs and a Twenty20 international. India visited Pakistan in June-July for the Asia Cup this year, but concerns increased after the Champions Trophy, due to be held in September, was postponed following security concerns by certain participating nations. Last week, a tour by India's junior hockey team to Pakistan was scrapped at the last minute after the Indian government refused to approve security plans offered by Pakistan.
"We missed the Indian hockey team," said Qureshi, " but you [the cricket team] are welcome".