Cricket Australia (CA) said on Tuesday that it would honour a commitment to tour Pakistan despite Hockey Australia's decision to pull out of December's Champions Trophy for security reasons.
"It's our intention to fulfil our tour obligations," a CA spokesman told AFP . "We will continue to monitor with the relevant security agencies both in Australia and overseas on the day-to-day developments in Pakistan."
Australia's Under-19 and A teams are due to tour Pakistan from late August to October while Ricky Ponting's side will play three Tests and five one-day internationals in March next year.
Security concerns have shrouded these tours after a wave of suicide bombings and other attacks by militants in Pakistan following an army raid on the pro-Taliban Red Mosque in Islamabad in early July.
A five-man CA delegation led by operations manager Michael Brown and Australian Cricketers' Association chief Paul Marsh completed an inspection of Pakistan last week. "The group received some first-class presentations from the PCB and Pakistani authorities on a wide range of issues including security," CA said. "We feel we are in possession of good and the most up-to-date information."