MySpace makes it easy to express yourself, connect with friends and make new
ones, but please remember that what you post publicly could embarrass you or
expose you to danger. Here are some common sense guidelines that you should
follow when using MySpace:
- Don't forget that your profile and MySpace forums are public
spaces. Don't post anything you wouldn't want the world to know
(e.g., your phone number, address, IM screens name, or specific whereabouts).
Avoid posting anything that would make it easy for a stranger to find you,
such as where you hang out every day after school.
- People aren't always who they say they are. Be careful about
adding strangers to your friends list. It's fun to connect with new
MySpace friends from all over the world, but avoid meeting people in person
whom you do not fully know. If you must meet someone, do it in a public place
and bring a friend or trusted adult.
- Harassment, hate speech and inappropriate content should be
reported. If you feel someone's behavior is inappropriate, react.
Talk with a trusted adult, or report it to MySpace or the authorities.
- Don't post anything that would embarrass you later. Think
twice before posting a photo or info you wouldn't want your parents or boss to
- Don't mislead people into thinking that you're older or younger.
If you lie about your age, MySpace will delete your profile.
To learn more please visit these other resources:
Click here to enter in Myspace