1 tsp all spices
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 tbsp ginger/garlic paste
1 onion chopped
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp oil
2 green chillies, deseeded and sliced
2/3 cup water
4 curry leaves
125 gms tamarind
750 gms boneless beef, cut into one inch cubes and pre-cooked
- Soak the tamarind overnight in water.
- Strain it and save the liquid.
- Put tamarind, tomato paste, icing sugar, ginger/garlic paste, salt and onion into a blender and mix to a smooth puree.
- Heat oil in a wok, add cumin and coriander seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves; cook until the spices start popping.
- Stir the beef cubes into the spices and fry for four minutes until the meat is brown.
- Add chillies, all spices, tamarind mixture and reserved tamarind liquid and cook for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.