- Soak 3 dried dates and coconut in water for 2 hours, until soft. then thinly slice them.
- In a pot add milk, water, 5 dried dates and cardamoms and simmer on low heat for about 2 hours or until about 1 1\2 litre milk is left. Strain milk through a fine sieve. Discard the dates and cardamoms and reserve milk.
- Heat ghee or butter in a heavy based pan add crushed cardamom seeds, when they pop and splutter add vermicelli and fry for 3-4 minutes. Add pistachios, coconut, almond, raisins and dates and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add warm milk to it, bring to boil and cook for 5-8 minutes, until cooked through.
- Add sugar and cook until sugar has completely dissolved. Just before removing from heat add kevera essence.
Can be served hot or chilled.