1/2 tsp Kashmiri chilli
1 tsp salt
1 cinnamon stick
1kg mutton, cubed
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 1/4 cups cream
2 tbsp ginger, chopped and peeled
2 tsp cumin seeds
2/3 cup vegetable oil
3 onions, chopped
5 tbsp almonds, blanched
6 tbsp water
6 whole cloves
8 cloves garlic, peeled
- In a blender or food processor, combine garlic, water, almonds and ginger and make a smooth paste.
- Keep aside.
- In a pan or a pressure cooker heat oil and add cardamom, whole cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Stir and then add chopped onions and cook till they are light brown.
- Lower flame and add the paste.
- Fry, stirring for a couple of minutes, add the meat and fry five to 10 minutes.
- Now add about two cups of water, cumin seeds, Kashmiri pepper and salt.
- Mix well, cover and cook at medium heat till the meat is tender.
- About half way through the cooking, lower the flame and add cream.
- Mix well, cover and cook till the meat is tender and the oil comes on top.
- A few drops of korma essence can be added to enhance the flavour.
- Serve hot with naan or rice.