- Thinly slice the onion.
- Heat oil in a pot and add the sliced onions to it.
- Make a paste of the Garlic,Ginger and Green Chillis and add this to the onions.
- Lightly grind Cumin and Coriander seeds and mix in onions and garlic mixture and cook on medium heat.
- Add the Red Chillies, Salt, Curry leaves, and Tamarind Paste and fry for another 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Mix 1 cup of Gram Flour in the plain yogurt and make into a smooth paste by adding small amouts of water at a time.
- Add this yogurt mixture in onions and mix and cook by constantly mixing.
- Keep mixing until it starts to come to a boil.
- Then turn heat level low and leave it to cook slowly until it thickens.
- Chop onions and mix it with the gram flour and water.
- Mix into a smooth paste.
- Lightly ground coriander and cumin seeds with green chillies and them mix this into the gram flour mixture.
- Add all ingredients in the paste and set aside for half an hour.
- Fry Dumplings in a deep frying pan until golden brown and take them out and put them on a paper towel to absorb any access oil.
- When karhi becomes thick, add 1 cup of boiling water and let it cook until it starts to boil, when it comes to a boil add dumplings in karhi and then cook on low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serving Suggestions: Serve hot with Plain Rice or Roghni
Yield: 6-8 Servings
Preparation Time: 2 Hours
Degree of Difficulty: Medium
Recipe Category: Main Course Vegetarian
Recipe Ethnic Group: Pakistani