6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1 anchovy fillet, drained, rinsed, and chopped
9 oz sun-dried tomatoes, preserved in olive oil, coarsely chopped
10 oz tomatoes, skinned, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 lb dried pasta
3 tbsp fresh ricotta
2 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Freshly ground black pepper
- Gently warm oil in a pan then add the onion, celery and anchovy and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes to the pan and cook very gently for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, then add fresh tomatoes.
- Stir, then cover and simmer gently for about 20 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened and glossy.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil.
- Tip in the pasta, then stir and return to a boil.
- When the pasta is ready, drain quickly and return to the pan it was cooked in.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta, then toss together thoroughly and add the ricotta and a little pepper.
- Toss again and tip out onto a serving platter or into a warmed pasta bowl, or onto individual plates.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.