- Heat the ghee or oil until hot then fry the paneer until
- Drain well then cut it into 12mm/1/2 inch squares and
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil in a saucepan, add the
onions and fry for 8-10 minutes until light brown, stirring
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for 3 minutes, adding
little water if the mixture sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chili powder, salt, cumin, coriander and
turmeric powder and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring from time
to time and adding a little more water to prevent it drying
out and sticking.
- Add the sour cream and spinach, mix well, cover and cook
over medium heat until most of the liquid has evaporated,
about 15 minutes.
- Add the cheese, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with boiled rice or a flatbread such as roti,
paratha or naan.