- Soak the saffron in a little warm milk and keep aside.
- Dissolve the cornflour in one tablespoon of milk and keep aside.
- Boil the milk and let it simmer over medium flame, stirring continuously till the milk reduces to three-fourth little more than half the original quantity.
- Add the cornflour solution, sugar and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Add the saffron mixture, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour into a freezer-proof bowl and freeze for about four hours.
- Remove and blend in the liquidiser to break all the ice crystals till the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into six kulfi moulds and freeze overnight until it sets.
- To unmould, allow the moulds to remain outside the refrigerator for five minutes and then unmould by inserting a wooden skewer stick or a fork in the centre of the kulfi and pulling it out.
- Serve topped with the strawberry sauce.
- To make strawberry sauce, blend the strawberries well with sugar.