- Wash the meat thoroughly and dry with kitchen towel.
- Ground all the spices.
- Add all spices in the lemon juice to make paste.
- Rub the paste thoroughly on the meat.
- Place it in a glass or stainless steel container and
- Place the bowl in the fridge for one day.
- Next day get the meat out of fridge and sort of massage
the meat to absorb the paste, it is important that at least
half an hour is spent in rubbing the meat.
- Once again put the meat loaf back in the fridge.
- Repeat the same process each day for six days.
- On Sixth day remove the meat loaf from the fridge and
tie it with a strong string.
- Place the meat in a large pot and put 2 cups water in
the pot NOT on the meat loaf.
- Cook it over low heat for 2 to 3 hours or until the
water is absorbed.
Hunter Beef is a very popular snack from Pakistan.
We have it in the cold winter evenings with Kashmir tea or
coffee. Some people like to fry stripes of hunter beef and
then serve with tea or coffee. Left over can be kept in the
fridge for few days and can also be stored in freezer for
longer period of storage.