- Mix sujji and water and kneed into hard dough. Cover the
dough with a wet cloth and keep aside for at least 3 hours.
Knead again until smooth and elastic. Divide the dough into
four pieces. With a rolling pin Flatten each piece into a
VERY thin sheet and cut into 2 inches circles with a cookie
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Deep fry each circle
until it is puffed and golden in color.
- Blend all the ingredients for the dip together in a
blender for few seconds and strain into a large serving bowl
and adjust the seasoning with salt and chili powder. Discard
- Boil the chick peas and potatoes. Cut the potatoes into
- Put the chick peas, potatoes, yogurt, and sweet Imli
chutney in separate serving dishes.
- Serve gool guppay with sweet imli chutney, peas,
potatoes and yogurt.
- Now if you are new to this world famous Pakistani snack
and not sure how to have it then here is how to eat them.
- Get hold of a gool gupa, make a hole on the top by
pressing it with your thumb. Stuff in some chick peas and
potato, dip it in khuta pani and umm... yummy yummy!
- You can also try with sweet dip and yogurt but I prefer
with khuta pani.
This recipe serves 6
Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
Cooking Time: 40