- Clean, wash and cut the fish into medium pieces.
- Rub salt and turmeric powder on the pieces and keep
- Heat oil in a kadhai, when sizzling hot fry the fish
pieces till brown in colour.
- Take 4 cups of water in a heavy-bottomed pan and gently
put the still warm fried fish pieces into it.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt, ginger and fennel
powders, cloves, pepper, crushed garlic and place the red
chili powder right on top.
- Quickly heat 6 tbsps of oil and pour.
- Cook on a high heat till the gravy becomes thick and the
fish pieces become soft.
- Before removing from the heat sprinkle the crushed vari
- Serve hot.