- Place the chicken in large saucepan and add the flavoring ingredients with a large pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer until the chicken is thoroughly cooked - about 1 hour.
- Leave to cool in the liquid.
- Chop the onions.
- Melt the butter in a small pan, add the onions and sauté until softened.
- Add the apricots, saffron, lemon rind, honey, curry paste and grape juice.
- simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until the curry mixture is the consistency of thin chutney.
- Cool. Blend the mixture in a food processor, then pass through a sieve.
- Remove the chicken meat from the bone, discarding the skin.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Stir half of the curry mixture into the mayonnaise (freeze the remainder for later use).
- Mix in the cream and seasoning to taste.
- Fold the chicken into the curry sauce.
- Serve with a rice or mixed rice and lentil salad, garnished with herbs.