- Soak the chana for at least six hours. Drain.
- Peel and chop the onions. Peel and quarter the potatoes.
Wash and quarter two tomatoes and make slices of the
- Peel and make juliennes of the ginger. Clean, wash and
chop coriander leaves. Wash and slit the green chilies.
- Add water and 1/2 teaspoon of soda bi-carbonate to the
chana and cook in a pressure cooker till done. Take care the
chanas do not get mashed.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the potatoes until
- In the same ghee, add the onions and sauté till pink.
- Add the dhania-jeera powder and red chili powder and fry
- Add the boiled chanas and salt.
- After five minutes, add the garam masala powder, amchur
powder and black pepper powder and cook for two minutes.
- Add the potatoes and tomatoes and cook for another two
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, slit green
chilies, slices of tomatoes and ginger juliennes.