- Boil the rice, refresh in cold water and keep aside
spread on a plate. Peel the potatoes and cut them into
matchstick size. Dab with corn flour.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and fry the potatoes until golden
and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper and leave it aside.
- Soak the saffron in warm water.
- Heat a little of the butter and oil in a pan, add one
third of the chopped onions and sauté till it starts to
change the colour. Add pistachios, saffron dissolved in
water and boiled rice. Add salt and mix well. Add the
chopped parsley and mix.
- Grease a mould and put the rice in it. Press and keep
- Heat one tablespoon of butter and oil in another pan on
high heat. Add another one third of the chopped onions and
sauté on high heat. Add chicken pieces and continue to cook
on high heat. Add red wine and cook till the wine is reduced
- In another pan heat the remaining butter and add refined
flour. Sauté and add chicken stock. Cook for few minutes.
Add to the chicken and mix. Add tomato puree, salt, pepper
powder, crushed pepper and cook.
- In a pan heat a tablespoon of oil. Add chopped onions,
diced mushrooms, diced capsicums, diced tomatoes and sauté.
- Add fresh cream and the sautéed vegetables to the
- To serve un-mould the rice in a serving plate. Put the
cooked chicken in the centre. Garnish with potato
matchsticks and serve immediately.