- Mix the marinade ingredients with the chicken.
- And set aside for 4 hours.
- Mix the saffron with the cream.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto a skewer.
- Brush the pieces with some of the saffron-cream mixture.
- Wash the rice and let it soak for 1 hour.
- Then cook the rice with salt in 5 cups of boiling water then drain.
- Mix the butter and beaten egg yolk and black pepper powder gently into the rice with a fork.
- Then the rice back on low heat.
- And let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Grill the chicken in a medium-hot oven for 8 to 9 minutes, or until tender, basting with the rest of the saffron-cream mixture.
- Then place rice on a platter And arrange chicken on skewers on top of the rice.
- Then garnish with the peppercorns and whole cherry tomatoes and serve.
Yield: 4 Servings
Preparation Time: 34 Minutes
Degree of Difficulty: Medium
Recipe Category: Main Course Rice
Recipe Ethnic Group: Pakistani