- Cook cauliflower and beetroot in five to six glasses of boiling water until tender and the liquid reduced down to approximately two cups.
- Keep aside. Heat butter in a heavy based pan, add onions, garlic, ginger, and sauté over low heat until soft.
- Now add vegetables with stock, salt, cinnamon powder, white pepper, vinegar, Soya sauce, and mix well and cook uncovered for two minutes over medium heat.
- Add cornflour while stirring until the gravy thickens slightly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add mayonnaise.
- Mix well and garnish accordingly.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.
Variation: This dish can also be served as a soup. Just blend this mixture with half cup of fresh cream until smooth. Check seasoning, dish out and garnish with chopped parsley or green coriander. Serve hot with bread sticks.