- Place chicken strips into a large, resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, mix the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder.
- Pour mixture into bag with chicken. Seal, and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- In another large, resealable plastic bag, mix together the flour, bread crumbs, salt and baking powder.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator, and drain, discarding buttermilk mixture.
- Place chicken in flour mixture bag. Seal, and shake to coat.
- Heat oil on medim flame in a large, heavy frying pan.
- Carefully place coated chicken in hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown and juices run clear.
- Drain on paper towels
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.