1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp ginger/garlic paste
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
2 tbsp curry powder
2 cup beef stock
2 tsp cornflour
8 oz onion, roughly chopped
450 gms boneless beef, cut into three fourth inch cubes
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Gently fry onions, ginger/garlic paste and beef cubes for five minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beef is brown.
- Add curry powder and stock to beef and mix thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil and then cover the ingredients and let them simmer for one hour.
- Grate the rind of one orange.
- Extract the juice from the orange as well as the other one.
- Peel the other two oranges, removing their pith.
- Slice between each segment and remove the flesh.
- Blend cornflour with the orange juice.
- Add orange rind to the beef along with the cornflour.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer, stir for five minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Season to taste and stir in the orange flesh.