- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a medium shallow
with melted butter.
- Combine almond meal, sugar and cinnamon in a medium
- Mix well to combine.
- Beat egg white in a small bowl with a fork until large
air bubbles form.
- Cut apples in half crossways.
- Dip the cut-side of apples into egg
white and press
firmly into almond mixture to form a thick topping.
- Heat 1⁄2 the butter in a medium frying pan over medium
- Place 1⁄2 the apples, cut-side down, into the pan and
cook without turning
for 4 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and place apples, cut-side up,
in the baking
- Repeat using remaining butter and apples.
- Bake apples for 10–15 minutes or until apples are just
- Serve warm with ice-cream.