4 big potatoes
1 onion, finely
5-6 green chilies, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro
4 teaspoons masala or 2 teaspoons red chili
1 teaspoon onion seeds (kalongi)
1 teaspoon zeera
powder (Cumin powder)
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup white flour
teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons oil
1 pinch baking
water, for making the batter
- Peel and boil the potatoes until soft.
- Mash the potatoes and add the masala or spices, onions,
cilantro, chilis and add ginger and lemon juice if desired.
- Form the mixture into small patties.
- Mix the white flour with the salt, baking soda, oil and
water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Dip patties into the batter and fry at least 5 minutes
on each side, until golden brown.
35 minutes 15 mins preparation.