250 gm potatoes
½ tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp kalonji
½ tsp all spice powder
4 cups water
1 inch ginger, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp salt
Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Peel and thickly slice the potatoes.
- Put them in a pan with chilli powder, kalonji, salt and water and cook on medium heat.
- When the water comes up to a boil, roughly mash the potatoes with a spoon.
- After a while add chopped tomatoes.
- When the water reduces down completely and the potatoes are tender, remove from heat.
- Add all spice powder, chopped ginger and chopped green chillies.
- Put the pan back on the heat and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Dish out and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves for garnish.