Please fill out the form below to get notified whenever telepk.com will be update.
|Recipes : Thandai
Thandai is a sweet refreshing drink, served on Holi. Read the recipe of thandai, to make it at home.
1 1/2 litres Water
2 cups Sugar
1 tbsp Almonds
1 tbsp Watermelon seeds skinned
1/2 tbsp Khuskhus (Poppy seeds)
1/2 tbsp Saunf (Aniseed)
1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
1/2 tsp Rosewater
1 tsp Whole peppercorns
1/4 cup Dried or fresh rose petals
- Soak sugar in 1/2 litre of the water used. Keep aside.
- Wash clean all other dry ingredients, except cardamom if using
- Soak in 2 cups of remaining water. Keep aside.
- Allow all soaked items to stand for at least 2 hours.
- Grind all soaked ingredients to a very fine paste. (not sugar)
- Use a stone grinder (manual or electric) if possible.
- When the paste is very fine, mix remaining water.
- Place a strong muslin strainer over a large deep vessel. Or tie a
strong muslin cloth over rim of vessel and use to strain.
- Press through muslin with back of palms, extracting the liquid
- Add remaining water, a little at a time to extract more.
- Pour back some of the extract and press, repress.
- Repeat this process till the residue becomes dry and husklike.
- Add milk, sugar and rosewater to the extracted liquid.
- If using cardamom powder mix it in with the milk.
- Mix well. Chill for a hour of two before serving.