Please fill out the form below to get notified whenever telepk.com will be update.
|Recipes : Saffron Rice
Kesar chawal is yet another fascinating dish, which is slightly sweet. To know the recipe of saffron rice, read on.
1 cup long grain Indian Basmati Rice
2 cup warm water + extra water for washing and soaking rice
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp Saffron strands
1 bay leaf
2 - 2 inch Cinnamon sticks
4 Green cardamoms
15-20 pieces of Paneer (cottage cheese) cubes (about 1cm x 1 cm each)
1/3 Cup raisins
A little hot milk
2 tbsp ghee or clarified butter oil for frying
- Wash rice thoroughly and soak in water for half an hour. Drain
- Soak saffron in a little hot milk for about 15 minutes, till milk
is a deep orange-yellow colour. You may vary the quantity of
saffron, depending upon it's quality. If the quality is not very
good, you may need a little more saffron to achieve this colour and
- Heat oil in a wok. Fry the cashewnuts till golden. Drain and set
aside. Next, fry the paneer cubes, till light golden, drain and set
- In a pan, heat ghee or clarified butter. Add the bay leaf,
cardamom and cinnamon.
- Add the rice. Add salt. Stir till ghee coats every grain of rice
and rice looks glossy.
- Add warm water. Bring to a boil. Add the raisins. Stir once.
- Reduce heat to minimum and cover the pan with a lid. Leave a
little gap, otherwise water will boil over.
- When holes appear on the surface and water has almost evaporated,
lightly fork in the paneer cubes. Sprinkle the saffron liquid on
- When water has completely evaporated, fork the rice out onto a
serving serving dish. This will separate each grain out. This rice
will have a beautiful mix of white and yellow and half coloured
- Garnish with fried cashewnuts. Serve hot with any creamy curry.