Please fill out the form below to get notified whenever telepk.com will be update.
|Easter Recipes : Special Bunny Cookies
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 -1/2 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 1 -1/2 teaspoon Cider vinegar
- Sift together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and
salt onto waxed paper.
- Beat together shortening, sugar and egg in a large bowl with
electric mixer until fluffy, for about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the molasses and cider vinegar.
- Stir in flour mixture until blended and smooth.
- Gather dough into ball; wrap and chill for several hours. Preheat
oven to 375 degrees.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll out half of the dough with lightly floured surface to
generous 1/8-inch thickness.
- Keep remainder of dough refrigerated while working with first
- To use a bunny pattern, draw a pattern onto a piece of cardboard.
Make sure ears are attached to the head. Cut out pattern.
- Place pattern on dough and trace with a toothpick.
- Cut out cookies.
- Place 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Re-roll scraps, using up all the dough.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in preheated 375-degree oven for 5-7 minutes or until firm.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Use Decorator Icing to tint portions, if you wish.
- Decorate cookies as desired.
- Let cookies stand until icing is firm.
- Store in airtight container between sheets of waxed paper for up
to 2 weeks.