Please fill out the form below to get notified whenever telepk.com will be update.
|Christmas Tree: Christmas Tree Disposal
Given here is information on disposal of Christmas tree. Know how to dispose off Christmas tree.
The traditional day to take down your Christmas tree is the Twelfth
Night. It may give you a heartache to dispose off your Christmas tree
that you had decorated so beautifully. But Christmas is over and it is
time for Christmas tree disposal. Being the responsible citizen that you
are, disposing off your Christmas tree should be done keeping in mind
all environmental hazards that may be posed due to improper disposal of
the Christmas tree. To know more about how to dispose off the Christmas
tree, read on.
- Firstly, take off the lights from your tree. Make sure all light
bulbs are taken off; you wouldn't want tiny glass pieces sticking in
your fingers while cleaning it up!
- Next, take off all big and small ornaments and other decorative
pieces from the tree. Make sure all plastic, sequins, glitter and
Christmas tree balls are removed and nothing is left in the inner
branches of the tree also.
- Now, lay the Christmas tree on its side very carefully and take
off the stand slowly. Keep a bucket nearby in order to pour out any
water that was in the tree stand.
- Next, take the tree outside your home and chop it up. You can use
the small branches as humus for your garden and the trunk as
firewood. If you don't have a fireplace, cut up the trunk into two
or three pieces.
- Collect the chopped up branches, needles and trunk in trash bags
and put it in your trash can for the cleaners to pick it up. Many
communities have special cleaning services right after Christmas.
You can contact your local authorities for further details regarding
- Another eco-friendly way to dispose off your Christmas tree is to
have it recycled at a recycling center. Get your tree recycled and
set an example for others to be a responsible citizen.