Please fill out the form below to get notified whenever telepk.com will be update.
|Recipes: Christmas Cake
12 oz plain flour,
1 tsp cinnamon,
1 tsp mixed spice,
A pinch of salt,
4 oz candied peel,
4 oz cherries,
2 lb dried fruits,
4 oz blanched almonds,
4 tbsp sherry,
Finely grated 1 lemon,
8 oz margarine,
8 oz sugar,
1 tbsp black treacle, and
A closet with a lock (to keep it safe from children until the C-Day).
Note - Ensure this cake is made 3 weeks before Christmas.
- Sieve together all the dry ingredients.
- Mix the peel, fruit, cherries, chopped almonds and lemon rind.
- Whisk the eggs and sherry together.
- Beat the margarine, sugar and black treacle until soft.
- Add the flour and egg mixtures alternately to the margarine
little by little till it has a thick paste consistency.
- Stir in the fruit mixture.
- Put into an 8-9 inch tin, lined with greaseproof paper round the
sides and at the bottom.
- Now, tie a double band of brown paper round the outside of the
rim, standing well up above the top of it.
- Put in the middle of a hot oven. Bake for 3 1/4-3 1/2 hours at
gas mark 3 for the first 1 1/2 hours, and then decrease to gas mark
2 for the remainder.
- Cool the cake in the tin, then store in an airtight container.
- Can be served hot or cold with custard or double cream