Please fill out the form below to get notified whenever telepk.com will be update.
|Decorations: Holiday Nosegays
Read ideas on holiday nosegays, how to make Christmas decoration at home and tips on Christmas church decoration.
Holiday nosegays are quite simple to
make and can be easily done to add personal touch to your Christmas
decorations or decorating your community church on Christmas. Nosegays
are bunches of anything that can be grouped together and they can vary
in sizes, colors, styles and materials. Nosegays made up of glass
ornaments, glittery twigs, silver leaves and bells, silk flowers and
metallic baubles look quite elegant and sophisticated. For rustic themed
Christmas party, you can use raffia, pinecones, acorns, berries, wheat,
leaf twigs, holly, oak and balsam leaves. The elements can be natural or
artificial but nosegays do add designer touch to formal Christmas
gatherings. Here are some tips for you:
- For tree decoration, make a bunch of flowers or leaves with
sturdy base and stick decorative items such as ornaments and berries
using hot glue and bind it all with wire. For finishing touch you
can use raffia or bows.
- For big trees, you may need as many as two or three dozen
- Nosegays of rustic leaves can use oak leaf stems from woodlands,
wheat and dried ferns and can be secured using raffia knots.
- White flowers look like snow on Christmas trees and wreaths. Red
colored flowers look good too. Silk flowers last longer but fresh
flowers are of course the best. You can bunch them up with glass
ornaments, silver and golden berries or baubles and glittery twigs
with the help of wire.
- Nosegays shaped like bird nests look interesting and are very
easy to make. Weave a nest for birds with the help of twigs and
glittering sprigs. Add a toy bird on top of it with berries for the
- It is advisable to group things in nosegays in odd numbers to
make the grouping look more interesting. You can vary the material
in size and shape.
- Nosegays can also be made of tiny twig wreaths readily available
in the stores. They can be adorned with cedar leaves, ribbons, bows,
berries, beads, tiny bells and baubles for added elegance.
- Thread a ribbon in glass balls and make garland-like nosegays
using your national flag at regular distance. It is a patriotic way
of celebrating Christmas.