Please fill out the form below to get notified whenever telepk.com will be update.
|Decorations: Christmas Light Decoration
Read about Christmas light decoration, outdoor Christmas lights and Christmas lighting tips in this article.
Lighting has almost taken over
Christmas candles as they burn for longer periods of time and are
comparably safer for decoration purposes. Especially Christmas trees
have turned more charming, sparkling and magical with light strands
illuminating them. With time, the art of installing Christmas lights has
evolved to the level where it has become an art in itself. In this
article we will discuss about how to choose the color or combination of
color of lights, check for the load of electricity that you can safely
use, the different patterns in which to arrange the strings of light and
how to install Christmas lights. Here are the tips to use:
- The most common color combinations appropriate for the Christmas
season include red, green and copper lights that denote festivity;
blue and green lights for more subdued arrangements; novelty
combinations such as blue and red lights; and mauve, blue and copper
- While you can use a combo of as many as five colors for
coniferous trees, use not more than three colors for deciduous
- Any color of light used with white does not show itself well, so
if are planning to use white lights, stick to the monochromatic
- Use low watt bulbs for strings and indoor light decoration but
you will need high watt bulbs for outdoor decorations and lights
that will be viewed from a distance.
- Dip the socket end of the light bulb in petroleum jelly before
fitting it into the socket string. This will prevent corrosion in
the socket and will make it easier to pull out the bulb from it
- Tape all connections well with electrical tape to avoid
- Lights installed on the trees to keep up with its growth look
- Do not try to climb the branches of the tree you want to
decorate. Use stepladder instead.
- Work on the tree from top to bottom and from inside to outside
for ease of work and safety purposes.